Updated and effective June 26, 2023
We may also provide additional disclosures or information about the data processing practices of certain features or services when you provide your information to us. These disclosures may supplement or clarify our privacy practices or provide you with additional choices about how we process your data.
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect Automatically
- Information You Provide Directly
- Information We Receive or Collect from Third Parties
- The Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- Information We Collect Automatically
- Information You Provide Directly
- Information We Receive or Collect from Third Parties
We and third-party business partners (including analytics, advertising companies, and similar third parties) may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect certain information whenever you visit the Service or otherwise interact with us or our content (“Device ID/Interaction Information”). Device ID/Interaction Information may include the hardware model, browser, and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to the Service you are visiting, all the areas within the Service that you visit, the content you view and how you interact with it, your time zone, location information, among other information. In addition, we automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier for any device you use to access our Service.
We use the following types of tracking technologies (collectively referred to as “Tracking Technologies”) to automatically collect information when you interact with us online:
Web beacons (also known as clear GIFs and pixel tags) are small pieces of code used to collect usage analytics. They help us to determine, for instance, whether a page has been viewed or not and, if so, how many times. We may use web beacons to establish when an email we have sent you is opened.
Embedded scripts are programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with our Service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our server or a third-party service provider or business partner, is active only while you are connected to the Service and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
Session Interactions may be recorded through session replay technology. This captures your interactions with the Service, such as what pages you visit on the Service, how long you visit those pages, and any links you click or information you provide. We use this information for our internal business purposes, such as for website analytics, to improve the Service and our products and services, and to address functionality issues.
In addition, we may use a variety of other technologies that collect Device ID/Interaction Information and similar information for security and fraud detection purposes and to enforce our intellectual property rights.
We may ask you to provide information when you interact with us, including contact information (such as your name and email address), payment information (handled through a third-party payment processor), demographic information (city/state, gender), information about your preferences and interests, information about your vocation or employer, and other personal information you choose to provide.
Feedback, Questionnaires and Surveys. Our Service allows site visitors and customers to participate in surveys and questionnaires, which from time to time we may post on the Service. We also encourage our users to provide feedback to us about our Service. You are free to choose whether you participate in these activities. We may ask that, in addition to providing your responses, you also provide us with your contact information. In these instances, we use any personal information you choose to provide to us in connection with these activities for the purposes for which you submit the information.We aggregate information derived from survey and questionnaire data – with your personal information removed – for monitoring or improving the use and appeal of the Service (with no other obligation to you and, specifically, with no obligation to compensate you for these uses). You are not obligated to participate in any of these activities. Please review the Terms for information on the rights that you grant to us in any content you choose to provide to us.
We may receive information about you from third parties, including business partners. Given the nature of the services we offer, much of the content displayed on our Service is provided to us by third parties. For example, through our relationship with Twitter, we have access to information published by users of Twitter’s service, including profile photos, bios, and tweets, and may make that information available to users of our Service. We may combine this information with content provided by other third-party partners, such as the media-outlet evaluation services with which we’ve partnered, in order to provide our overall Service.
You may also have the opportunity to interact with a third-party application, such as on our social media pages. If you choose to utilize such a third-party service, we may receive information about you from that third party service (which may include personal information). If you choose to post information to a third-party platform, that information may be public. Note that – depending on which third-party features we incorporate on our Service – these third-party platforms may be able to collect certain information about your visits to the Service regardless of whether or not you affirmatively interact with them and whether or not you are logged into (or have) an account with the third-party platform.
Repustar may use information collected through the Service, including Device ID/Interaction Information and personal information, to:
- Enable you to register for and use the Service;
- Communicate with you and send you information about us and the Service;
- Tailor and target the content, recommendations, and offers we display to you, and to analyze trends and statistics;
- Provide customer service, such as responding to your questions and getting your feedback;
- Conduct internal business, such as to improve the Service;
- Comply with legal requirements and our business processes, such as our recordkeeping, backup, and document-retention policies;
- Operate and protect the Service from errors, misuse, fraud, and any activities that are illegal or violate our terms, detect and troubleshoot problems, resolve disputes, and enforce applicable agreements;
- Verify information you provide to us;
- Recognize you across the Service and across devices;
- For other reasons that we disclose at the time you provide your personal information; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
- Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf. We may share information with third-party service providers or allow those third parties to collect information about you, to enable them to perform services on our behalf, such as processing payments, website hosting, conducting website usage analytics, sending email communications, providing marketing assistance and data analysis, and other services.
- When You Direct That We Share Your Information. We may share information when you consent or direct us to do so. For example, you may be presented with an opportunity to receive marketing offers from a third party or to engage with a social media service or other third party application or feature, through which information about you is shared. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties. If you later decide that you no longer want to receive communications from a third party, you will need to contact that third party directly.
- Administrative and Legal Reasons. Repustar may share information, including without limitation your personal information, Device ID/Interaction Information, including device identifiers, e.g. IP address, to third parties: to comply with a legal obligation; when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to verify or enforce applicable Service policies; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect our rights, property, safety, or security or that of other Service visitors or the public. We may also use device ID, e.g., IP addresses, to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, Internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies, in our discretion and without notice to you.
- Business Transfers. In the event Repustar goes through a transition, Repustar reserves the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Service (including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process): (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Service or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, bankruptcy, the sale of certain of Repustar’s ownership interests, assets, or both, or other company change. By providing your information, you understand and agree that we may transfer such information to the acquiring entity without your further consent, except where otherwise required by applicable law.
Repustar works with third party business partners (such as analytics providers and advertising partners) to serve Repustar ads online, to provide us with information regarding the use of the Service and the effectiveness of our advertisements. These third parties may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons), and they may otherwise collect or have access to Device ID/Interaction Information and other information about you, some of which may be personal information or personal data under various state laws. Some of these parties may collect personal information over time when you visit the Service or other online websites and services. We may use information, typically information that has been hashed or otherwise de-identified or pseudonymized (including hashed email addresses) and Device ID/Interaction Information, to make inferences about you and provide offers and content you may be interested in and serve you more relevant advertising, and share it with third party advertising companies, analytics providers and other third parties for the purpose of serving you more relevant ads.
- NAI/DAA Opt-Out. For more information on advertising cookies, please also consult the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org. You may find more information on what cookies and similar technologies have been set and how to manage and delete them at https://youradchoices.com/control. For mobile apps, you may be able to limit certain advertising practices using the settings on your phone, tablet or other mobile device. You may review additional information on opting out of mobile devices click here.
- Do Not Track. Some browsers can be set to send a “Do Not Track” signal that requests that a website not track the visitor’s activity. Currently, our Services do not stop tracking in response to those requests except as specifically required by law. To find out more about and set up “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please note opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive non-targeted advertisements while online. Your opt-out choices are browser and device specific; if you disable your cookies or upgrade your browser after opting out, or if you use different computers or browsers, you will need to indicate your opt-out choices across those other computers and browsers.
Repustar offers you the following choices with regard to the information collected through the Service:
- Marketing Emails. You may opt out of receiving marketing e-mails by following the opt-out instructions provided to you in those e-mails, or by contacting us at Privacy@Repustar.com. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Service, such as administrative and services announcements. These transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt out from marketing e-mails.
- Modify Information. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided at part of registration. The Service may allow you to update your personal information you have provided under the profile page. You may also contact us at Privacy@Repustar.com if you have questions about, or wish to modify, certain information that we have collected from you. Note that when you modify your personal information or change your preferences on the Service, information that you remove may persist internally for our administrative purposes or within backup media. If you have made any public postings on the Service, these communications cannot generally be removed.
Repustar is not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information.
We use commercially reasonable security measures to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information under our control. However, no system can be 100% secure. While we strive to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us, or that we transmit to you, or guarantee that it will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. You use the Service and provide us with information at your own initiative and risk.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using the Service and giving us your data, you consent to the transfer of data to countries outside your country of residence, including, without limitation, the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country and may not provide the same level of protections as the laws of your country. Personal information processed or stored in another jurisdiction may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in accordance with the laws of that jurisdiction.
The Service is not directed to minors younger than the age of 18. We do not knowingly seek to collect or maintain personal information or other data from minors younger than the age of 18. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete any personal information or other data later determined to be provided by a minor younger than the age of 18. If you become aware that a minor has provided personal information through our Services, please email us at Privacy@Repustar.com.
Repustar does not currently sell your covered information as those terms are defined under applicable Nevada law. However, you may submit an opt-out request and we will honor that request as required by Nevada law if Repustar engages in such a sale in the future. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to opt-out of the sale of your covered information, please submit your request to Privacy@Repustar.com. Your request must include your full name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please contact us from the email address you have used to interact with us, or else provide us with that email address in your Nevada Opt-Out request email. We may contact you via such email address as needed regarding this request. You may also be required to take reasonable steps as we determine from time to time in order to verify your identity and/or the authenticity of the request. We will respond to your request within sixty (60) days either confirming that your request has been processed or indicating that we need an additional thirty (30) days to complete the request.